Working With Us
What We’re Looking For
- At MAF we look for seed-stage and early-stage companies that are pre-revenue or have just achieved revenue. We’re looking to invest in entrepreneurial teams with big ideas and a need for capital to turn their ideas into great companies.
- Generally we are looking for companies that meet the following the characteristics:
- Sectors: IT, cleantech, advance manufacturing, life science (not gaming or real estate related ventures)
- Funding: Seeking seed or early investments from $100,000 to $1,000,000
- Geography: Michigan
- Business model: Requiring less than $2,000,000 to reach break-even or sustainability
Submitting a Plan
- If your business fits our investment criteria, please contact us by email, we would like to hear from you.
- To begin, we ask you to complete our MAF Questionnaire and provide us with a concise, 3-4 page executive summary of your business. The summary does not need to be fancy or long but should address the key business questions including:
- Market problem/opportunity
- Your solution to this problem
- Market potential
- Your Competition (…and why are you different/better)
- Your Business model (i.e. how will you make money)
- Your Team
- A summary of your Financials (5 yrs.)
- Funds sought, significant milestones use of these funds.
- We don’t sign NDAs, but nothing you send us will be shared outside MAF without your permission.
- Every submission that meets our investment criteria will be reviewed. Due to the volume of plans and materials, we may take a few weeks to get back to you.
Continuing our Relationship
- If your business passes initial review, we will ask for additional materials including:
- Your full Business Plan (20 page max)
- Five year pro forma financial statements (income statement, statement of cash flow, balance sheet)
- Resumes of your Management Team
- A Certificate of Good Standing from state of Michigan
- It is possible that your company may not be a fit for us at this time. We will do our best to explain why the match was not right and if we will reconsider our decision not to move forward if certain concerns are addressed.